DC Net Impact’s Professional Chapter hosts two 4-month Service Corps cycles per year; one in the fall and one in the spring. Teams of 3-5 volunteer consultants are chosen to work with 2-3 separate nonprofit projects.
Net Impact members participate in Service Corps to
- Gain nonprofit management experience;
- Refine and apply business skills in innovative ways;
- Work with experienced professionals and gain fresh perspective from current students and recent graduates; and
- Develop stronger ties to their community.
Nonprofits participate in Service Corps to
- Bring new perspectives into their organizations;
- Receive quality consultation on projects requiring strategic business skills;
- Support the professional development of emerging nonprofit leaders; and
- Engage volunteers in their organizations’ work.
Volunteer consultants commit to
- Participate in projects that are part-time, volunteer activities that last for 3 to 5 months;
- Spend 15-20 hours per month, per person, working on the project; and
- Exhibit leadership, energy, and professionalism in working with their teammates, as well as their clients.
Nonprofits commit to:
- Provide a key stakeholder as the client Point of Contact;
- Contribute the time and resources necessary to ensure that the volunteer engagement team can succeed; and
- Actively participate in scoping the work and honoring the timelines established in the engagement plan.
DC Net Impact Service Corps Leads commit to:
- Orient volunteer consultants and nonprofits to the process to ensure shared vision and expectations;
- Provide training in consulting skills to volunteers and in working with consulting teams to the client;
- Assist in scoping the engagement appropriately; and
- Stay involved through the engagement lifecycle, particularly in ensuring communication and accountability.
GET INVOLVED by
Download the DC Net Impact Service Corps Flier here!